1/2 kg boneless chicken pieces, cleaned and washed
1/4 kg onions finely sliced
8-10 fresh green chillis
5-6 dry red chillis (adjust according to your choice)
15-20 garlic flakes
3 piece ginger chopped
small bunch coriander leaves, chopped
4 tbsps coriander seeds
1 1/2 tbsps cumin seeds
2 cinnamon stick
3 green cardamoms
salt to taste
oil for deep frying
1. Heat a tbsp of oil in cooking vessel. Add the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, cardamom, cloves, cinnamom, red chillis and cashewnuts and stir for a minute till a nice aroma emanates the whole kitchen. Be careful not to burn the spices. Cool.
2. First grind the roasted ingredients along with ginger, garlic and green chillis to a coarse paste. Next add the chopped raw onions, coriander leaves, chicken and salt and grind further to form a smooth paste like shown in the picture above.
3. Add a tbsp of oil to the ground mixture and mix thoroughly before shaping into small lemon sized balls.
4. Heat oil for deep frying. Once its piping hot, reduce flame to medium and place these balls in the oil and fry them to a crisp, golden brown color.
5. Serve hot with tomato sauce or green chutney.